Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
As I have stated before a part of the purpose in writing this blog is to build up some name recognition for myself. Not that I am trying to be prideful, but that I am working on a book. And the more people know my name and what I have to say, especially my Bible stances, the better chance there is that people will buy the book. Given that the book is on the subject of suicide I believe that it is a much needed book for the masses to receive. Knowing that God has commissioned this project helps a great deal.
The last 10 months or so have not been easy in regards to this book. However time and time again the Lord has shown that this is what he wants done. So many places that I have been under attack by Satan and yet God has remained true. There have been times when before I even got to the point that I knew I needed encouragement God has provided it; helping me to remain faithful to him. Helping me to please him. How awesome is our God!
Today I will be taking another step down this road of publishing. I will be making the final arraignments with a publisher, Xulon Press, to begin the hard part of self publishing. For weeks now I have been praying about the money to print the book. Last night the final $24.00 came in.
Every penny that has been donated I greatly appreciate. People who have believed in me have given, people who know their God will supply all our needs have given, and then there was last night.
Before church a man came up to me asking about the book and how much I still needed. I told him for the down payment I still needed $24.00. He reached into his pocket and pulled out $24.00. I felt so blessed by this. Then during prayer requests he spoke up, seems where he works is about to do a massive layoff. Only about 100 people are expected to keep their jobs and he wanted the church to pray for those who will be losing their jobs. Our pastor suddenly looked up at him and said what about you? His reply was I don’t know.
Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” So while I am sitting here praying for a miracle for the money to self-publish as I truly believe the Lord has called me to do this man was walking in faith that the Lord will take care of him and his family. God had laid it on his heart to give to my cause and he gave not even knowing if he will need that $24.00 himself soon. But God is working it all out and together for our good.
Without faith it is impossible to please God.
– We can either come to God by perfection (which we can’t do) or we must come by faith.
– Faith is derived from the object; not of itself, rom. 10:17. We can’t buy it. It is not quantity but quality.
– We are to capitalize on our faith, make the most of it.
– Faith is what Jesus seeks, remember all the gentiles how he marveled at their faith and sadly commented on the jews faith, or lack thereof.
– If you don’t believe this why come? Why worship anything if you don’t believe? If God couldn’t keep you saved when you sin then he would not deserve your worship.
– Faith and God’s promises go hand in hand. God cannot be pleased with the man who has no confidence in him, the requirement of faith in God is not arbitary.
– “must believe that he is” we can’t come to him in an acceptable manner if we doubt his existence.
– “he is… diligently seek him” if you don’t believe God would hear or answer your prayer than there is no encouragement to call upon him.
– We must have the desire to please him and the diligence to seek him which is done by: prayer, meditating on the word, worship, discipline.
When all is said and done we must walk by faith. After today I will have 9 more deadlines for making payments on this book. Yes Satan has already been telling me, even before i got all the money for the down payment that I may not get the money in time for the other payments. But God gave me a verse to lean on in this project, he has promised me that through him I am an overcomer. Joshua 1:9 “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
I am counting on this promise. The money may flow quickly or come in at the last second. Either way I have come to far to turn back now. Time to walk in faith, knowing he will reward because I am keeping my faith in him, just like my friend Patrick.
I will also say if anyone would care to donate please message me on Facebook to make the arraignments. Thank you and may God bless.
Yours in Christ,